AIDS / HIV
Alzheimer's Disease
Cancer
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Deafness / Communication Disorders
Dental Terms
Depression Terms
Diabetes Terms
Digestive Disease
Epidemiology
Eye Terms
Health Resources
Heart Terms
Immunization
Medical Terms
Mental Health Terms
Rare Diseases
STD Terms
Surgery Terms
Health & Medical Patents


Total CO2 content:

Consists of hco3-, h2co3, and dissolved co2 (pco2). (since co2 and h2co3 are interchangable) total co2 = dissolved co2 gas + hco3-. Or total co2 = hco3- + (0.03 * pco2). (the co2 solubility coefficient, 0.03, converts pco2 in mm/l to meq/l) in normal plasma, more than 95% of the total co2 is contributed by hco3-, the other 5% by dissolved co2 and h2co3.



More Heart & Heart Disease Terms

A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | R | S | T | U | V | W | X



Information and definitions of the medical conditions and diseases have been taken from various reliable government publications and we have done our best to verify their accuracy. If you feel any of the definitions are incorrect or needs to be updated please contact us and we will look into it.